An adverb is a word that modifies (describes) a verb, an adjective, or another adverb.
There are different types of adverbs, depending on how they modify the verb, adjective or another adverb.
- Adverbs of frequency (a menudo - often, mañana - tomorrow)
- Adverbs of place (aquí -here, cerca - near)
- Adverbs of quantity (mucho - a lot, demasiado - too much, muy - very)
- Adverbs of time (ayer - yesterday, hoy - today)
- Adverbs of manner ( rápidamente - quickly, solo - alone, a ciegas - blindly)
- Affirmative adverbs (sí - yes, no - no)
- Negative adverbs (casi nunca - hardly, ever, nunca -never)
- Adverbs of doubt (quizás - maybe, tal vez - maybe)
- Interrogative adverbs (cuándo -when, por qué - why)