There are words in Spanish which change their meaning depending on if they have or do not have a written accent.
Let's look at "tú" vs "tu".
- Tú is a subject personal pronoun.
- It has a written accent on the u and it is a single word.
- The direct English translation is you (singular informal).
- Tu is written without an accent on the u.
- It is a possessive adjective.
- The direct English translation is your (singular informal).
Here are some more examples:
- Tú = you
- Tu = your
Learn more about these related Spanish grammar topics
Examples and resources
Be the first to ask a question!